Privacy and Data Protection
ARRAN Sense of Scotland are committed to protecting your privacy and always act lawfully, in compliance with the current UK Data Protection Act. We collect information about you in two ways:
▪ by asking you to enter personal details into online forms
▪ by using automatic technology to track the way you move around our website.
We use this information:
▪ to process your order accurately and efficiently and provide you with the best service possible
▪ for the purposes of planning and managing our core business and to conduct our own market research.
▪ ask for more information than necessary in order to carry out the activities described above
▪ store information for longer than is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected
▪ contact you by email or any other means without your explicit consent
▪ disclose any of your personal details to any third party other than those engaged in processing or storing data on our behalf.
(Please note, we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials and have no legal liability for such disclosures.)
▪ operate an 'opt-out' policy when collecting data and therefore assume consent
▪ provide you with full details of any data we store about you on request
▪ protect all your personal data from access by unauthorised parties.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Getting Access To Your Data or Changing Your Consent
ARRAN Sense of Scotland Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Data Protection Registrar. If at any time you wish to view the personal data we have stored about you, correct any inaccuracies or you want to withdraw previously given consent for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us.
Ordering online at arran.com is safe. We use encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that only authorised parties can read the data you submit. Look out for the padlock symbol in the address bar whenever you are asked to submit any personal data and notice the address change from http://www to https://www.
These are both signs that the site is secure. Registered customers may be asked to submit additional information. This saves you re-entering information each time you make a purchase and enables us to offer suitable special offers and services. Registered customer information is stored safely behind our firewall. We do not store any customer credit card details.
Should you have any further questions relating to security at the ARRAN Sense of Scotland Web Shop, please contact email@example.com or contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
www.arran.com places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online experience for our users, and some collect information about browsing behaviour. By using and browsing the ARRAN Sense of Scotland website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
What are cookies?
What cookies are set?
The website itself sets a session cookie named 'PHPSESSID', while two system cookies named 'external_no_cache' and 'frontend' are required by our ecommerce system. Google Analytics ( a web traffic analytics system ) sets a number of cookies labelled __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz.
What are the cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies on this website are used for are:-
▪ For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website.
▪ To enable us to collect information about the browsing activities of visitors, including to monitor the traffic sources, browsers & devices used to access the website as well as pages visited.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
Click on the "privacy" tab
Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
Click on the icon "privacy"
Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if 1st party cookies are switched off.
Registered Customers – Returning
To ensure we are compliant with all UK Data Protection Policies, we were unfortunately unable to migrate our registered customer database from our old online store across to our new website.
We would like to invite all returning customers, who wish to continue as a registered user of arran.com to create an account on our new website. We hope re-registering with us does not cause any inconvenience to our loyal customers.
Should you have any questions or require assistance please contact our Web Customer Service Team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.